Tasty Pork Chops
Dip chops into egg, then into cracker crumbs, twice. Fry slowly until golden brown on both sides.
Arrange chops in a baking dish, single layer. Mix soups together and pour over the chops. Top with
Parmesan cheese. Bake @ 350° until chops are tender.
- 6 Pork Chops
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 can Mushroom soup
- 1 can Onion soup
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
This recipe came from one of the lovely ladies on one of my tours to Switzerland.
Southern Baked Ham
Using a sharp knife, score ham long way and across making
diamond shapes. Insert cloves (2-3 per diamond) in center
- 1 15 to 20 lb. whole bone in ham
- Whole cloves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 (1 lb. 4 oz.) can pineapple slices.drain & reserve
- Maraschino Cherries
Drain pineapple. Reserve juice. Arrange some pineapple slices on top of ham.
Place extra slices in bottom of pan. Blend juice drained from pineapple with
brown sugar & ground cloves. Pour over ham.
Bake ham in preheated 350° oven, 15 minutes per pound. Baste every
45 minutes with pan juices. About 40 minutes before ham
is done, take out, garnish with pineapple slices. Return to
oven to finish cooking.
Remove ham to serving platter, Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice.
Remove pineapple slices from bottom of pan and arrange around ham.
Country Ham and Red Eye Gravy
Slice ham and have pan hot. Put 1 tablespoon grease in pan and
cook ham on both sides. Remove ham from pan. Add a little water
and coffee to drippings. Bring to a rapid boil. Serve over ham, with grits and hot biscuits.
Yummy Baked Beans & Franks
Combine all ingredients except kraut in 2-qt oven proof bowl. Drain kraut
really well, (I use my hands and squeeze it out). Put over the top of dish.
Bake at 325° for 45 mins.
- 1 (8-ounce)can bake beans
- 1 package hotdogs-cut in to small pieces
- 1 (10-ounce) shredded sauerkraut
- 1 small onion-chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon catsup
Crock Roast And Veggies
Put all ingredients in Crock Pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Boneless roast (about 3 to 4 pounds)
- 5 potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 6 or 7 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 sm. onion
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. McCormick's Season-All
- 2 cans golden mushroom soup
- 1 c. water
This is so easy to make, and is a fantastic chicken dish to serve family and company.
Bake at 350° for 2 hours.
- Place 8 chicken breasts, boned and skinned in a greased baking dish with butter.
Then cover with:
- 1 can Mushroom Soup
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1/2 pint of Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 small jar of pimientos
The first time I had the pleasure of eating this dish was on one of my tours to Pine Mtn., GA.
Gussie was kind enough to give me the recipe for this easy and delicious dish.
Silks Fettuccine Alfredo
In a large saucepan combine cream cheese, Parmesan, butter and
milk, stirring constantly until smooth. Toss pasta lightly with
sauce, coating well. Add chunks of chicken and crumbled bacon, or leave as is, for a side dish.
Serves 4. Leftovers freeze well.
- 8 ounces Cream cheese, cut in bits
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 8 ounces Fettuccine; cooked & drained
Chicken -n- Biscuits Casserole
In greased 8X12 inch pan, combine first four ingredients and one cup of cheese. Blend soup and 3/4 c. milk; pour over casserole. Bake, covered at 400° for 15 minutes. Prepare biscuit mix, milk and 1/2 can of onions; mix thoroughly. Drop by spoonfuls to form 6 biscuits around the edge of casserole. Bake, uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown. Top with remaining onions and cheese and bake another 2 to 3 minutes, until onions are toasted.
- 8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 1/2 c. cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 10 oz. pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1 1/2 c. biscuit mix
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1 can French fried onions
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
Mix all ingredients together with hands. Form into a loaf and put in a foil
lined pan. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Pour ketchup over top and bake 10 more minutes.
- 1lb ground sirloin or chuck
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers( or your favorite brand)
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped fine(optional)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- McCormick Season All (8-10 shakes)
- 1 tspn maple pancake syrup
Put salmon in large bowl; remove bones and skin. Break up salmon and add
celery, onion and beaten egg. Stir well. Add flour, cornmeal and seasoning.
Roll into balls; pat into patties. Cook in hot oil on both sides till brown.
- 1 large can pink salmon
- 1/4 cup celery-chopped fine
- 1/4 cup onion-chopped fine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. corn meal
- 1 Tbsp. Seafood seasoning or your favorite Seasoning salt
Ritz Cracker Chicken
Dip chicken in margarine and then cracker crumbs mixture. Mix cheese and garlic
powder in a separate bowl. Place chicken in a baking dish, bake at 350 ° for 1 hour.
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless
- 1 stick melted margarine
- 1 pkg. crushed Ritz crackers
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder